Translate

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Apr 23 - My own earrings

Donna had a lot of earrings that were the same or very similar. Because of this, I've decided to take a break and wear my own earrings. This is still a tribute to Donna because we both loved earrings and pins.

The events in the United States remind me of when I was young. In 1965, I can remember the riots in large cities. Being from a smaller town, I was never afraid of anything until then. Even now my concern is how can we get people to work together instead of fighting one another. Glad that Baltimore is taking a proactive stance and letting protestors protest. I pray the family gets their answers but I think their answers will cause them more pain. Hopefully Baltimore will take action if action is called for. Already there is one police officer who is not giving a statement. This is purely speculation but I wonder who he is afraid of.

There seems to be so much doom and gloom around but there still is so much more love and kindness but it just gets unnoticed. It's not newsworthy enough. The media want to keep feeding us hyped up news to stir us even though it may not be truthful. A friend of mine tells me that the only person I should trust is him. Well, there's several people I can trust and I'm not going to quit trusting. My faith will carry me on. Plus the weather is beautiful again. Pretty soon the spring flowers will be out. Can't wait to go pick Dutchman's Britches.

Today's earrings are a pair of handmade earrings. I would love to learn how the artist makes them. Each pair is unique and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.