Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Earing 0122 -Friends

Good thing I had a nice pair of earrings in today! Saw a good friend of mine sitting outside a café this afternoon and stopped to visit. Had an iced chai but only got a medium because I drink it fast whether it's a medium or small. It's so good and so addictive. Kind of like friends, good and addictive.

The reason I was glad my earrings were nice is that my friend wears earrings, necklace, and I think bracelets. Sometimes his earrings are nicer than mine and with all of the earrings I have now, that shouldn't happen.

My friends and I don't always see each other and see each other when it works out. Tomorrow night, I'm going out with a very good friend. She is so kind and loving and when she needs me, I'm there and when I need her, she's there. We're never far apart and know that. One night, I talked her into watching a meteor shower with me. That was such a good night and we saw so many meteors. I'm blessed to have her in my life and she led me to the church I go to now. That is something I will always be grateful for.

The friend that I saw today is my buddy. We can chat about anything. He's a very skilled artist and I wish that I could paint like he does. He sees things that others miss. He sees the little details that make a difference. He incorporates those into his paintings. He doesn't know it but after I met him, I changed how I did my quilted wall hangings. Now I put something in them like an animal or something else that fits but doesn't fit. It's kind of like finding the hidden object but it's right in front of your face, you may not even know that it is hidden.

Ironically, he hasn't been painting for a while and the last time I worked on my quilted wall hanging was when I was watching him paint. He wasn't being inspirational in his painting that go me to work on my quilt because he was painting the outside of a building. I like working on my quilts when I'm outside. Hopefully, this weekend with the longer weekend, I will take this as an opportunity and work on my quilt. Making a quilt based on the songs of a band. If I ever finish, I will post my quilt online.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.