Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14 - A day without earrings

Another packed day. Started early and ending late. Went to Dollar Tree to see what treasures needed to come home with me. Got a splatter guard for when we are frying food. Still using that technique  with the chicken where you put it into a cold cast iron pan and bring up the temperature. When you bring up the temp, not only do you get a crispy skin, you also get splatter. Going to see if the $1 gadget will cut down on cleaning.

Spent some time reviewing snow cone and Hawaiian shaved ice machines. Was leaning towards the Hawaiian shaved ice machine but changed to the snow cone machine. I like to crunch ice while drinking so I thought I would enjoy the snow cone machine more. Also bought some flavors: margarita, home-made ice cream, and watermelon. The machine I got has great reviews and was only about five dollars more than the one I am returning to Walmart. Thought the Rival snow cone machine would be good but was disappointed. After one snow cone, I noticed the difference in the blades and length of time to chop the ice. Buying me new one from this site http://www.hawaiianshavedice.com/?gclid=COXHy-fZkMYCFQqOaQodvT0AuA Shopped around for quite a while and think I made a good purchase from the company. Can't wait to try it out.

No earrings today. There was so much going on and now that I'm ready for bed, I realized that I didn't wear earrings. Well, I guess I did but not for long. Attended a semi-formal event today and wore the liquid silver earrings my coworker had given me. Last minute, I changed my outfit and boy, am I glad that I did. Friday I called the company sponsoring the event and was told it was "semi-formal" dress attire. Guess I must of been part of the handful that called. Pretty much the clothes ranged from business class to business casual. I would have been way too formal if I had kept my original outfit on. At least now I know what to wear next year.

Another project was tackled today. Putting together a wood "roller cart"  that has six drawers (or will have). A few years ago, I bought one and then saw how much effort it was going to take to put together (many screws), and returned the cart. Needless to say, I forgot why I returned the cart the last time and bought another one. Good thing it's not the cart with a lot of drawers. Got the cart almost assembled and assembled on draw. The drawer fits too snug so I don't know what I'm going to do. Will have to ask my landlord for his advice. Almost made a big boo boo. Can you tell what it is? The first photo shows the incorrect way and the second photo shows the correction. So today makes five or six blonde days!

Time for bed, I feel asleep while writing this. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.