Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15 - From Mismatch earrings to van Gogh's "Live Ear" to Peruvian Clouds

Was all over the place tonight on Internet after pairing up some mismatched earrings. My sister laughed at a couple of the mismatches and thought they were too mismatched. She was right, they were definitely mismatched but I tried. There are only about 10-15 earrings that aren't paired up but I bet now that I've got Donna's earrings, there are probably even more. Starting tomorrow, I'll be wearing my mismatched earrings.

Speaking of earrings - did you hear about the "live ear" made from one of Vincent van Gogh's relatives? It's been on display in a German museum. You can speak into the ear and computer generates a "crackle." Well, that cracked me up. First off, I think it's kind of gross. The ear was formed with a 3-D printer. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27667422 That technology blows my mind away. It's still too expensive for me at $1200 but it would be fun. However, I don't think I'll be making any ears but maybe some earrings. Here's an updated story on how van Gogh lost his ear and it makes sense to me if there are letters to support the theory. http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7506786 What I can't figure out is why van Gogh went to a prostitute with his ear and not to a doctor.

As to looking at the ear, I'd pass and would rather look at the interesting conceptual pictures of the organs of van Gogh, Salvador Dali, and Pablo Picasso done by an Argentinian ad agency DDB Brazil. I would like to think my organs as being very creative and not just colorful but also patterned. http://io9.com/5906720/oh-look-the-dissected-organs-of-salvador-dali-vincent-van-gogh-and-pablo-Picasso

 Somehow all of this got me to looking at satellite images of clouds over Peru, along with the story of why mummies are so old in Peru. Good combination - huh?  In the one close-up photo, the clouds look like frost on a window but it is a cloud formation "when drizzle forms." http://www.livescience.com/51209-clouds-over-peru-nasa-image.html


Today's earrings are my own. I got these at a local gift store and bought several pairs of them. Each is different. I do have one earring that doesn't have a match. Because it's so different than my other earrings, I may have to create a match.


Hate my feet. They're big and I have Norwegian toes inherited from my dad (along with the size). Ironically, what I inherited from my mom is my quad A heels. Here's my take on modern photography:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.