Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Earring 0124 - China

Very excited because today a person from China read my blog. The reason I'm so excited is because it's another country and one that I have learned something about. A couple of years ago, I took a Chinese cultural class taught by a woman who was born and raised  in China. That class opened my eyes to be more respectful of different cultures and how they do things. Have to admit that some things I don't understand but I know that it is because it's just the way it is done. So many businesses from the United States have branches in China and we have a great number of Asians visiting our local city because of that and because of the schools we have. It was important for me to be able to treat our guests in the manner that was acceptable to them.

I have a lot of respect for Asian families and how they treat their families. Especially since they take care of their elderly. That is something that US families don't do enough of and it has its drawbacks. Elders can show the younger people their skills, work ethic, and be there for when mothers and fathers have to be working. With the growing Chinese economy, I'm sure they will face many of the problems that have made US be the way it is - with childcare and nursing homes.

Thanks for checking out the blog.

Here's today's earrings:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.