Translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Earring 0151 - Honesty

After a little frustration trying to pay for my meal tonight at a local restaurant, my honesty was tested. They had a blonde hostess who was busily tossing her beautiful, long hair around. It's amazing how she could swing her head and whip her hair. I was wondering how much hair was getting into people's food but she was part of management. Four others paid their bills after I did but I paid with cash. Next time I won't be using cash. Well, according to the drink maker, it took the blonde several attempts to get my change. They must have a special machine they use because she couldn't get the change out. Got me, I didn't see it. Well, anyway when she brought my change to me, I made a smart comment about using a credit card to speed up the process next time. She laughed and I walked out of the restaurant while pocketing my change. Got outside and realized that she gave me too much change back. Thought about just leaving because of the amount of time it took to get my change back in the first place but went back in anyway. The manager came over and I explained to him that I had been given too much change back. I realized that the hostess had given me the price of my bill back instead of the difference between what I gave her and thee price of my bill. Told the manager my idea and he agreed after I told him the cost of my meal. It didn't take him too long to figure out what to do. He thanked me and out the door I went. Maybe instead of her swinging her hair around she should take time to help customers the first time around. Please don't be offended because I feel like telling a blonde joke...I'm blonde.

Needed a break from my frustration and found this site: https://www.youtube.com/user/DaveHax. It's great! I learned how to quickly cut a watermelon into easily handled pieces to eat. I'm a big watermelon eater and am anxious to try this. Hate leaving home after I get home at night otherwise I would be out buying a watermelon to try it. The next thing I learned was how to fold a t-shirt in seconds. Can't believe how easy that was after I watched the video multiple times. Too bad I don't have any t-shirts to fold!

Today's earrings

Last night's supper was almost my Greek eggs but I only had salted caramel Greek yogurt. Instead, I thinly sliced zucchini and sautéed it. Scrambled a couple of eggs, which I put on top of my zucchini, added garlic sea salt, lemon pepper, and grated parmesan. After my omelet looked like it was ready to eat, topped it with smoked paprika. Almost put my yogurt with it but chickened out. Maybe if it had been plain yogurt, I would have done it. Still want to try the other recipe especially after my omelet last night...it was delicious. Here's a photo for my sister.
Maybe it would have looked more appetizing had I taken the photo before I started to eat it. Going to have this again because the thinly sliced zucchini worked great with the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.