Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Earring 0136 Thailand

Just ordered a book from our library system called "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures" by Anne Fadiman

It's a book about a young Hmong girl who is treated in the United States and how her parents disagreed with her treatment. What is interesting is one of her original doctors gave a review on the book and that he wasn't able to help her. He also states that this book is used in most medical training now.

The reason that I have Thailand listed above is because Thailand became a safe refuge for many years for Hmongs who fled China. We have many Hmong families in Minnesota and in several communities in Wisconsin. I love how they have kept their heritage and hope they are able to continue to do so.

Can't wait to get the book. I'm a firm believer that one's faith takes precedence in the healing process.

Here is today's earring:

On a side note, my cat likes to take sponge baths. She's so inquisitive when it comes to water and like I probably said before, I can even run water at a trickle when she is in the bathroom sink. Funny cat. Here's my wet cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.