Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Earring 0144 - Save the Flowers

“I thought, "The flowers, save the flowers..."

I never thought for a second
we wouldn't save the people”
Andrea Gibson, Pole Dancing To Gospel Hymns

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/457281.Andrea_Gibson?page=3

Last night, I started reading quotes by Andrea Gibson. If you go to goodreads.com, you will find many poems among her quotes. She touched my heart especially with the quote above. You can find her blog at http://andrewgibby.tumblr.com/ I only follow one blog and now will be following hers. The other blog I follow is of a Minnesota writer who I think may be Norwegian. Haven't gotten into the stories but like the blog; maybe someday I'll read the novels. However, I think that Andrea can capture your soul. Andrea does write some things, or should I say words that may be offensive, that I don't use but I skip over that stuff. It's the meat of the poem or her words that make you think.

Out of eight of us (including my mom and dad), six of us are open-minded. Still, all of us are straight-laced and don't roam far from our deeply instilled roots.

Today's earrings:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment and I will get back to you.