Translate

Monday, August 25, 2014

Earring 0176 - Braided Silver

These earrings look like they were braided or twisted. They were pretty nice and felt a little rich-looking. Of course, that piqued my interest and I was hoping to find a website that demonstrated making earrings like these. Didn't find that but I found something pretty fabulous. https://plus.google.com/photos/+IzzyGumbo/albums/5817933785771765857?banner=pwa

Izzy Gumbo is an earring designer and she has many how-to videos on handmade wrapped wire jewelry. http://perfectlytwistedjewelry.blogspot.com/2012/11/learning-to-weave-wire.html Maybe some year I will take this up as a hobby; have to finish the projects that I've started. Speaking about projects, hard to believe but it's almost time for me to pick up crocheting afghans again. Have one more to finish before I can send three of them off to my son and family. It's just too darn hot to have a warm, cuddly, heavy afghan on me right now!

Today's earring
Gee, my hand sure looks pink but it's not that color. And the earrings are silver, not reddish. Hmmm...