Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Earrings 0179 - Hot Pink and Hot Pants and Desert

Today's earrings are definitely from an era I remember well - hot pink and hot pants; such a 70s thing. I can remember when hot pants came out. Can still see my dad's disgust at my friends wearing them. Dad was pretty laid back but he did not like women "exposing" themselves. Mom would make snide about the girls who would wear them. However, she felt hot pants were better than mini skirts!

According to http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-pink.html, the color pink means unconditional love and nurturing. For some reason I think hot pink means the total opposite. What do you think?

Love the color pink but don't wear it too often anymore. It seems like the older I get, my colors are getting a little paler. Still wear pink but you can't see it a mile away anymore.

These really are pink and not fake pink like my hands were the other day. Only now my hand looks like there's glitter on them. LOL+


Here's the simple desert I made last night. Tastes pretty good if you like cheesecake. I make a homemade the crust in the microwave (hate using the microwave but sometimes I break down and use it); mix together softened cream cheese, 1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and a juice of a lemon (sometimes I use lemon or lime juice out of a bottle). Put that on the crust after it cools for a few minutes. Then I topped it off with a little bit of orange marmalade. Finished it off by taking some of the crust of the side of the small rectangle glass dish I used and crumbled it on top.

What is better yet, is to make it in a pie tin and top the cream cheese with pie filling such as blueberry or cherry. One of our family favorites.

 
Pie crust recipe: 1 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c oil, 1 tsp salt and 2 T ice water (can use milk). Mix together, pat in container, microwave for about five minutes or until before it browns.